Monday, February 27, 2012

24

Soooo, yesterday was my birthday, and let me just say... it was a VERY. GOOD. DAY. :) :) :) The whole weekend was fabulous, as a matter of fact.

I started Friday with a little girl time. Chris had to take a CPA test on Saturday morning (laaaaame), so I figured going out with the girls would give him some peace and quiet and good ol' study time that evening. We planned to see the movie "Gone" at Studio Movie Grill (ya know, a movie theater where you can eat dinner while you watch your flick? Best. idea. EVER.), butttttt when we showed up to SMG, the movie wasn't playing at the time that showed up online. WTH?! The manager said there was some issue with the production company releasing the movie, so they weren't playing that or "Wanderlust." Big mistake. Lots of good business they were missing out on. No wonder the usually packed place was so empty. Needless to say, we were a bit annoyed. I had already drank myself silly before leaving the house... Hey, it was the start of my birthday weekend (That became the running excuse for the rest of the weekend), but I felt I deserved to let loose and get a little silly if I wanted. So, given the presence and influence of alcohol, I was NOT a happy camper. We had already missed the movie at several other theaters and would have to wait until 10:05 p.m. for the next showing someplace else. Say whaaaat?! Mama was hungry and knew waiting around till 10 would be pushing it... by then, the alcohol would be making me sleepy, and I'd be ready to go home and get some shut eye! Whatever. We were already out. We wanted to see that movie. We sucked it up. 
We ended up at Chili's to pass the time (and drink some more), and it ended up working out perfectly fine, actually (though I would never have admitted that at the time).
My friend who has a 6-month-old consumed her first marg since the baby was born. She was enjoying herself a bit. :)
So. It ended up being a fun night. We were a tad disappointed in the movie, though. It wasn't bad... we just felt it definitely could've been better. Got home after the movie and passsssseddddddd outttttttt. 

On Saturday, Chris went off to take his test, and I just hung around the house. We grabbed lunch when he got home and spent the rest of the afternoon cleaning and getting things done at home. We met friends that evening at a yummy Mexican restaurant downtown that one of my friends recommended. It was good! We ate a lot, drank a lot, and took silly pictures.
Chris and one of our buds. Having a little too much fun. ;)
Best friend.<3
We went to a nearby bar afterwards and partied our little hearts out. We were definitely feeling "old," though- we used to have our fair share of fun, crazy times in college, but since we've been out of school the past couple of years, we've definitely toned it down and don't really go out much anymore. I thought I was going nuts having some drinks and catching a 10:00 p.m. movie Friday night! But, we quickly got back into the swing of things and had a really good time. :)

The next day (Sunday) was my birrrrrthhhhhhdayyyyyyy! :) I slept in and took the morning easy, given the amount of fun I had the night before. ;) Chris made me breakfast in bed (LOVED), and then I finally got up and moving around lunchtime. Because it took us a little longer than planned to get going, the original day Chris had planned had to be done another day because we weren't going to have enough time (surprise to look forward to, though. :) hehe). We ended up going downtown and enjoying the beautiful day, grabbed lunch, and went to the Museum of Contemporary Art. Super cute. Super fun. It was a different sort of "out-of-the-box" idea, and I appreciated Chris' effort to do something unique. Plus, I'm a sucker for cool, modern art, so I really enjoyed it.
We headed back towards home that afternoon, picked up the dogs, and went to my parents' for a birthday dinner. My grandmother and Chris' parents were also there, and my aunt and uncle and their fam stopped by. I got some birthday goodies (new clooooothes, shoessssss, and cute things for the house!), and we had fish tacos for dinner (one of my faaaaave meals!). 
Dinner! On cute birthday plates. :)
Because I'm not much of a cake person, my mom made one of her famous desserts, a Hershey's oreo mud pie instead. DE-LISH. We hung around, chatted, then called it a fairly early night. Chris and I came home and just relaxed and enjoyed each other's company for the rest of the evening.

I feel very lucky and blessed to have such wonderful family and friends in my life, and wouldn't have had my birthday weekend any other way. Hope everyone had a fun, safe, and happy weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...