Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday funday

Today was a great day. Not because I did anything crazy-over-the-top-fun, but because it was just a nice, good, relaxing day. And I don't know... I feel like I haven't really enjoyed a day like I did today in awhile. So it was good. First of all, the weather was absolutely GORGE! Which was a nice change, considering it's been disgusting and rainy a lot lately. I grabbed coffee with a good friend, and we stayed and chatted for, like, hours. Seriously. We were there from 11ish-3ish. Cray. But so much fun. She's a friend I go way back with- she used to live 3 houses down from me, and we've known each other since we were 3. We were inseparable growing up, but, like many friends do, grew apart somewhat as we got older because we started hanging out in different groups of friends and what not. But we were always friendly. And she was always someone who I knew I could call and count on for anything, and she'd be there in a second, despite the fact that we were no longer partners in crime. We went off to different colleges in different states but remained in touch. Now, we're both back in our hometown and able to reconnect. She's one of those people you can pick up wherever you left off with, no matter how much time has passed since you've seen or talked to her. Love that. Proves the strength of a friendship, I think.
But... anyway! After coffee, I went back home and spent some time with my puppies and just enjoyed the day. Then, hubby and I went and saw The Vow.
I thought it was cute. There were some mixed reviews about it, but I thought it was a good movie overall. Afterwards, Chris and I went to say hi to my fam because we haven't really seen them in awhile, and my sister is in town. It was a good evening. We ate dinner, we chatted, my dad told us ridiculously funny stories that had me nearly totally peeing my pants. It was nice. Always love time with my family. It was a good ending to a (like I said) good day.

And just to do a very quick little Valentine's Day recap... ;)
There isn't much to report because unfortunately, hubby had to work late. Luckily he didn't have to work as late as he thought he was going to have to, but because he still anticipated being late, we didn't really make any plans (in terms of dinner reservations or something). He's been soooo swamped at work lately, and we hardly saw each other this past week because of how late he had to work most nights. Oh, the joys of being an accountant. There are many, many perks, don't get me wrong... but this is one of the downsides. Tax season is quickly approaching, so that means longer hours for the people at my husband's firm. But, at least he got to come home and I could see him a little for Valentine's Day. It ended up just being a quiet evening at home. But to me, the day isn't about what you do... it's about who you spend it with. (Do I sound like a Hallmark card, or what?! ;) ha) And I'm thankful that no matter how little we did or how little we've seen each other lately, I've at least been able to see him at all, and he was able to come home earlier than expected. It wasn't what I expected for our "first" Vday as a married couple, but it was still a memory to share and something to learn and grow from. Besides, hubs has said he's got a little something up his sleeve to make up for the fact that it was more low-key (not that I really need or expect that), and my birthday is next weekend... so maybe we can do a little more celebrating then? :)
And to end this already-somewhat-deep-and-mushy-post on one last sappy note, I just want to say that I am, at this moment in my life, feeling blessed. Blessed for my husband. Blessed for family. Blessed for my pups. Blessed for good friends. Blessed for health. Blessed for a roof over my head and clothes on my back. Blessed for food to eat. Blessed for the ability to work (and my husband being able to work). And when I find myself feeling down, unappreciated, upset or pitying myself for things I don't have, I'll look back on this post. And remind myself that I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...